LEAVING CASA GRANDE, AZ

We left Casa Grande this morning and after a 274 mile drive arrived in Silver City, NM. We plan to spend two nights here before continuing our return trip to Dallas. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day but it is going down to 29 degrees tonight and there was snow on the ground in places as we came into town.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 was our last night in Casa Grande. Where has the time gone, we have been here 20 days and it just seems like yesterday we left Dallas to begin the trip here. However we have to say goodbye to
The Howies

and their children




The last day was spent golfing with Peg and Rick and the game todaythat day gave us a total of 7 golf games during our stay here. I do believe the final score was Rod 4, Rick 2 with 1 tie, but who's counting. ME. I left the best for last as I shot my lowest score today with a 40 front nine and a 44 back nine for a total of 84. Rick did have the lowest score of the series with an 83 on the day he shot par. He is the best.

We then finished off the day with a nice steak dinner ( Kathy had lamb ) which we cooked on Ricks BBQ with brickettes, no gas and I must say the steaks were great. Nothing beats the traditional old fashioned BBQ.


This morning Cliff and Gayle along with Peg and Rick showed up to see us off and to laugh at my travelling clothes. They obviously confussed me with someone who gave a hoot.










The Goodbye Crew














My sister is going to miss me.













But not as much as Ricky Donny will.







No comments: