FROM Y’ALL TO EH!!! Day 18 June 11, 2010 Dowling, Ontario To North Bay, Ontario

We got away from Dowling just before noon but had to make a couple of stops in Sudbury before heading east. It was only a couple of hours to the Bay so when we arrived we headed down to a RV park very close to Champlain Park and checked in for a few days.


Next we headed over to Rick and Trudy Stanton’s house for a BBQ. It had been 25 years since I had spent any time with Rick and Trudy and I was really looking forward to the evening. Rick was one of my first room mates when I moved out of the house. We also played Rugby together as we were both founding members of the “North Bay Vandals Rugby Club” When we got there we were also very happily surprised to find that Gerry and Karen Rivet had arrived back in town and had come over for the BBQ. It had been over 30 years since I had seen either of them and it was really good to see them. Gerry and I went to college together and he was also a founding member of the Vandals Rugby Club.

It was great to catch up and find out what everyone had been doing with their lives and we realized how lucky we had been with family, health and friends.

However it wasn’t long after supper that the reminiscing started and the stories came out. Some of them were even true. It was a great night and one I will remember for a long time and I didn’t want it to end. However we were thrown out just after midnight so we headed back to the RV site and settled in for the night.

Rick and Trudy Stanton












Gerry and Karen Rivet

Glad I didn't wear my blue shirt.

No comments: