CASA GRANDE, AZ 2008

We travelled from Tombstone to Casa Grande on Friday, December 17, 2009 and arrived in the middle of the afternoon. We met up with Peg and Rick and set up at the Fiesta Grande RV park and I think our arrival lowered the average age in the park. After setting up we went for supper at the Olive Garden with Peg and Rick and got caught up on all the family news and gossip. She is the disignated Mother Hen for the family and all news and gossip ends with her. It is good to be travelling with them again as it was exactly one year ago that we meet up with them and travelled around the southern part of Texas.

Prior to going to dinner on Friday we met friends of Peg and Rick that are staying at the resort for most of the winter. Their names are Cliff and Gayle Cribb, two very nice people from Edmonton who are retired and enjoying the good life.







Peg and Ricks Motor Home and our 5th Wheel set up at the RV Park.


Saturday turned ou to be mostly a day of rest with the exception of a few chores that had to been done. I spent a fair amount of the day on the phone with customers and got a lot accomplished. We went for a bike ride in the late afternoon, had an early supper, watched a little TV and then called it a night. I needed to have an early night as we are going golfing on Sunday.


Sunday was a fun day. We headed out to the the municipal golf course for an 11:00 AM tee off and the weather was being very cooperative and it turned out to be a fabulous day. Any day I can wear shorts is a good day weather wise. The course was very forgiving so I scored a little better than I normally do but I still lost $ 3 dollars. Again like last year Peg was taking care of the money management and again like last year her husband got all the money. Hmmmm seems like another pattern is developing here.

Overall it was a great day and the only problem was getting Rick's head back into the truck for the ride home. He shot 36 on the front nine which is par. I know the score was real for two reasons. 1) I was riding in the same cart with him and 2) Cliff was keeping score.
He did come back to earth or as he put it, the wheels fell off on the back nine. I guess he really did deserve my three bucks.


After we finished at the golf course we had to hurray back because we were registered for the Saturday Poker Tournement here at the resort. Peg, Rick and myself played but none of us came in the money, Peg was the last one to get knocked out. It was still a fun night and a fun day.




Cliff and Rick getting ready to head out.










%#$*&^%$# Stupid Game







What a Putt!












If only I could putt.!!!!!






I hate these sharp corners

No comments: