CASA GRANDE Friday December 26, 2008

Well hello all. It is boxing day and we spent the day relaxing and trying to digest the amount of food we ate yesterday. I spent the day playing a little poker, watching a litte TV and of course catching up on the Blog. Kathy was a little more ambitious as she got up a lot earlier than I did and I will be having home made turkey soup tomorrow. Thank you, thank you.

Christmas Eve and Christmas day have come and gone for another year and it is nice to be with some of my family again this year.

Christmas Eve Kathy and I spent Christmas eve doing a little shopping at the outlet mall in and fortunately not much damage was done to our pocket books. It was very nice weather wise and as a result quite enjoyable walking around the mall as it was an outdoor mall. We left the mall and headed over to the grocery store to get the necessities for Xmas breakfast and Xmas dinner. Kathy spent the evening making pies for Xmas and I did my part by watching her do it.

On Christmas morning Kathy and I had our traditional breakfast of Eggs Benedict with Canadian Back Bacon with hash browns. This year however we had guests as the Cribbs and the Howards joined us for our tradional Xmas breakfast. It was a little cozy in the RV but went a lot smoother than I expected. Nobody got hurt from the closeness and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I know anytime I am getting eggs benedict I am enjoying myself.


















We spent the remainder of the day trying to digest our breakfast quickly so we could do it all over again at supper. The breakfast crew met at the Cribbs for Xmas dinner or should I say feast. The meal was stupendous and most of us ate too much and it was funny watching every one of us waddle around. We tried to find Christmas Crackers or Pary Crackers or whatever they are called, you pull both ends and they go off like a fire cracker and inside you will find a party hat. Ricky Donny was very pleased we couldn't find any until he found out Kathy had made party hats for everyone. However he was a good sport and wore one. It was an excellent meal and start to the evening.





























Once dinner was over we did a tacky gift exchange with no gifts costing more that $ 10. The premise of the gift exchange is that once you pick a gift you can then exchange it for any gift already picked. As it turned out we all ended up with the gifts we brought. It was still good for some laughs as the gifts were pretty tacky.





























After dinner the girls challenged us to a rematch of Cranium and you can judge from the picture below who came out victorious again. In fact it was another runaway as the boys cruised to finish late with no pressure. Then to add insult to injury we played a game of Trivial Pursuit with the same teams and of course with the same results. I don't think we will be challenged again.









No comments: