RELATIVES, RITES and ROUTES Day 13 September 21, 2009 Jasper, Alberta

We had arranged to meet up with the Balkans ( Brian and Phyllis ) this morning for brunch and they had agreed to pick us up at the campsite. When we got there we found out the number had grown to 14. It was good to see all the people from the wedding and to hear how tired ( hungover ) they were. I had my camera with me and I could have taken some really good shots if I had only put the card back into the camera. Oh well, C’est la vie. It was a good time and we got a chance to say goodbye to everyone before they started heading back to Edmonton and other various cities.

Later in the afternoon Kathy and I took the Tram up to the summit of Whistlers Mountain. Well we thought we were going to the summit but when we arrived we discovered that there was still a climb of about 300 feet over 1.2 kilometers. Kathy, after an internal debate, decided to make the climb. I stayed and took pictures ( bad knee, yes I am still using that excuse ).


The day was extremely clear and Kathy (who has been here quite a few times) said that she never remembered it this clear. Every mountain peak was exposed and the setting was just phenomenal. I said it before but you really do forget what is in your backyard. The scenery here can compete with anywhere in the world for it beauty and ruggedness.





















































No comments: